Denver Car Accident Lawyers
Within seconds, a car accident can change lives forever. While the injuries and property damage can come with serious physical and financial tolls, the emotional impacts can be just as devastating, possibly lingering for years – if not a lifetime.
At Bell & Pollock, P.C., our attorneys understand how damaging car accidents can be and how important it is for victims to have the right support in the aftermath. That is why our lawyers are here to help victims, to champion their rights, and to get them on the path to financial recovery.
Our attorneys have more than three decades of experience helping victims obtain the compensation they deserve, and we are ready to start helping you today.
How to Report an Auto Accident:
Following an auto wreck, one of the most important things for survivors to do is to report the crash so that there is an official police report associated with the accident.
While crashes can be reported immediately after they happen (by calling 911 or a nonemergency number), they can also be reported later to the Colorado State Patrol via the Internet. To report an accident online to CSP, click here. This online reporting tool also allows crash survivors to edit accident reports before they are submitted to authorities.
Accident reports can be critical following a crash, as they can provide details regarding:
• The names and contact information for all of the parties involved in the crash
• The names and contact info for any witnesses to the crash
• The location, date and time of the crash
• Officers’ findings related to the likely causes of the collision.
These details can serve as essential evidence for establishing fault. As a result, they can be the key to securing compensation for survivors’ crash-related injuries and losses.
Colorado Auto Accident Statistics
Driver misconduct is the single leading cause of auto crashes in Colorado. In fact, according to some of the latest crash statistics from CSP and the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT), the top three causes of auto wrecks in the state are driver distraction/inattention, speeding, and impaired driving.
What may be even more harrowing to consider are the facts that, last year in Colorado:
• Fatal auto crashes jumped up by more than 10 percent.
• Nearly 1 in every 3 deadly car wrecks involved an impaired driver.
• At least 60 lives could have been saved if people were wearing seat belts when an auto accident occurred.
While there are more statistics here about Colorado car accidents, we at Bell & Pollock know that it only takes one car crash to destroy someone’s life – and that having the representation of an experienced lawyer can be pivotal to picking up the pieces and healing.
Dedicated to helping crash victims and their families recover, we have extensive experience advocating injured people’s rights and bringing their cases to successful resolutions. Just some of the various types of auto accident cases we handle include (but are not limited to) those involving:
• Drunk driving accidents
• Distracted driving accidents
• Rear-end collisions
• Head-on collisions
• Rollover accidents
• Collisions caused by uninsured/underinsured motorists.
No-Fault Auto Collision Insurance
When the Colorado Accident Reparations Act was repealed in 2003, Colorado changed from being a “no-fault” auto insurance state to a tort system. This has effectively meant that, after a car crash, victims have to prove that they didn’t cause the accident in order to collect damages for their injuries and losses.
What can complicate the claims process are the facts that:
• Insurance companies are not on victims’ sides after auto accidents. Instead, insurers are focused on protecting their bottom lines and profits.
• Victims can face an uphill battle in trying to get the compensation they deserve – especially if they don’t know how to assert their rights, they aren’t familiar with the tactics insurers may use to reduce (or deny) legitimate claims, etc.
At Bell & Pollock, P.C., we are skilled at helping car accident survivors protect their rights and interests when dealing with insurance companies. Our primary focus is to help survivors secure the full amount of compensation to which they are entitled so they can concentrate on healing.
How We Build Victims the Strongest Cases:
Every accident case is different, and our lawyers always customize their service and representation to meet the specifics of a case, as well as the unique needs of each of our clients. In general, however, some of the things our attorneys will do to craft the strongest possible case for our clients include:
• Conducting our own investigation into an accident
• Compiling all accident-related evidence, including police reports, witness statements, etc.
• Retaining expert witnesses to verify the extent of our clients’ injuries, as well as fault in the accident
• Working diligently to help our clients successfully pursue all available legal remedies.
Our attorneys are skilled at standing up to individuals, corporations and insurance companies on behalf of our clients to help them secure the full amount of compensation they deserve.
Contact Bell & Pollock, P.C.
If you have been injured in an auto accident, you can turn to Bell & Pollock, P.C. for experienced help advocating your rights and pursuing justice. At Bell & Pollock, our lawyers are proud to be champions of the people, providing victims of negligence with superior legal representation to help them maximize their financial recovery.
To find out more about how we can help you, call us at (303) 795-5900 or email our firm using the contact form on this page to schedule a free initial consultation with one of our lawyers. During this meeting, you will receive clear, honest legal advice about your case, your rights and your best options for moving forward.