Denver’s Leading Wrongful Death Attorneys
The loss of a loved one can devastate a family, especially if the death could have been prevented if not for the negligent or careless actions of someone else. Although wrongful deaths can leave families in turmoil, pursuing justice and holding the negligent parties accountable can help families gain some sense of justice. It can also provide them with some financial support that can help them lay their loved ones to rest and ease their financial stresses as they deal with their grief.
At Bell & Pollock, P.C., our lawyers are dedicated to providing families who have lost a loved one to a wrongful death with the best possible representation, as well as compassionate, high-quality legal services.
When you trust us to proceed with a wrongful death case on your behalf, our attorneys will fight for you, vigorously advocating your rights, to help you:
- Pursue all available legal remedies
- Maximize your financial recovery
- Secure the justice you deserve.
How Negligence Can Cause Wrongful Deaths
A wrongful death can occur almost anywhere, and the negligence that causes these deaths can come in a number of different forms. In fact, when negligence arises, wrongful deaths can result from:
Traffic accidents – From auto accidents to motorcycle and truck accidents, negligence on the roads commonly causes fatal collisions. In fact, more than 90 percent of traffic accidents are caused by some type of human, and when these accidents are fatal, driver negligence is to blame the vast majority of the time. Additionally, however, manufacturer negligence (resulting in deadly equipment malfunctions) and other forms of negligence can also contribute to traffic accidents and wrongful deaths.
- Recreational accidents – These accidents, which can include watercraft accidents, ATV accidents and even amusement park accidents, are also commonly caused by negligence, such as the negligence of an equipment operator or an equipment/ride manufacturer.
- Accidents caused by dangerous premises – When retail settings, private residences or even public facilities are not properly built or maintained, the negligence of a landlord, property manager or building owner can be to blame and can lead to fatal falls or other fatal accidents on these unsafe premises.
- Other accidents – From work accidents to accidents that are caused by faulty consumer or medical products, these other accidents also commonly arise from negligence and can result in life-threatening injuries.
Wrongful Death Compensation
At Bell & Pollock, P.C., our lawyers are aware that there is no sum of money that will ever compensate for the wrongful death of a loved one. We also understand, however, that the compensation from these cases can be pivotal to helping families get through such difficult times.
While the compensation from a wrongful death case will vary according to the details of the case (such as the type of negligence involved), generally, these financial recoveries can include damages for:
- Medical bills related to emergency care for the decedent
- Burial and funeral costs
- Future lost earnings due to the untimely death
- The loss of consortium (i.e., companionship)
- Pain and suffering caused by the death.
Additional compensation can be available in some cases, so it is important to contact an experienced wrongful death lawyer to find out more about your potential entitlements following a wrongful death.
Contact an Experienced Denver Wrongful Death Attorney at Bell & Pollock, P.C.
If you have lost your loved one due to another party’s negligence or recklessness, you can turn to Bell & Pollock, P.C. for experienced help advocating your rights and pursuing justice.
To find out more about how we can help you after a wrongful death, call us at (303) 795-5900 or email our firm using the contact form on this page. During an initial consultation with one of our lawyers, you will receive clear, honest legal advice about your case, your rights and your best options for moving forward.
From our offices conveniently located in Denver, Greenwood Village, and Steamboat Springs, our lawyers provide the highest quality legal services to injured people throughout the Denver metro area, Arapahoe County, Routt County and the state of Colorado.