Truck Accident Attorney in Denver Who Is Driven To Succeed
If you need an experienced Colorado truck accident law firm, you can rely on Bell & Pollock. We know that these types of crashes often have devastating consequences. When fully loaded with cargo, most 18-wheeler trucks weigh about 80,000 pounds. They can easily go out of control if the driver is intoxicated, texting or falling asleep at the wheel, or even if the driver lack the proper training. In a collision, a passenger vehicle is no match against a big rig. Injuries are typically catastrophic or even fatal.
We believe it’s our job to hold truck drivers and trucking companies accountable for their actions. This aggressive approach has resulted in many successful verdicts and settlements for injury victims.
We know many of the questions people often ask after a truck accident in Colorado, and we have the answers. Some of the most frequently asked questions about accidents involving tractor-trailers, 18-wheelers and other large commercial trucks include:
- How can a truck accident lawyer help me?
- What should I do if I’m in a truck accident in Colorado?
- What are the common causes of truck accidents in Colorado?
- What are common types of truck accidents?
Click on any of the questions above to find the answers. You can also learn more about truck accidents and a wide range of other accident-related issues on our website. We’re proud to be your legal information center in Colorado. We’re here to help you get the information you need and the results you deserve.
Trucking companies and truck accidents
Dealing with trucking companies after a truck accident can be intimidating, and it’s not simply the other lawyers you have to deal with after an accident. Often, many trucking companies will deny any wrongdoing and destroy and/or hide critical evidence unless you want to preserve it. Trucking companies will often claim they and their drivers did nothing wrong. Instead, they engage in finger-pointing, insisting you did something to cause the accident.
The reality is trucking companies are often responsible for truck accidents. The reasons include:
- Poorly maintained trucks – Trucking companies need to properly maintain their trucks. When they fail to do so, trucks with defective breaks and other mechanical problems often cause truck accidents.
- Unqualified truck drivers – Commercial truck drivers must obtain certain licenses and undergo specific training to legally operate a truck. Trucking companies that fail to verify whether their drivers have such qualifications can be held liable for such accidents.
- Overloaded trucks – Trucking companies sometimes overload trucks in an attempt to transport more products in fewer trips. Overloaded trucks are unstable and susceptible to being in rollover accidents, especially around sharp curves.
- Tired truck drivers – By law, commercial truck drivers must take mandatory breaks, under the “Hours of Service” rules. Some trucking companies push drivers to skip those breaks and drive more hours in order to get the job done faster. When trucking companies do this and accidents happen, they need to be held responsible for their reckless actions.
We leave no stone unturned in our investigation, which may involve checking the following records:
- Driver background
- Driver history of accidents or moving violations
- Driver logs
- Cellphone records
- Fleet maintenance records
- Hiring/training/supervising practices of the company
Should I call my insurance company if I’m in a truck accident?
Most people’s first instinct after a truck accident is to call their insurance company as soon as possible. But is that the right thing to do?
Your insurance company should be notified, but we urge you to let us talk to them. Contact us before your insurance company and tell us what happened. Insurance companies don’t always have your best interests in mind.
Advertisements on television for insurance companies might lead you to believe they are your friends, but the truth is quite different. Most insurance companies only care about one thing – paying injury victims as little as possible.
So, how should you deal with insurance companies after a truck accident? Here’s our advice:
- Call Bell & Pollock at (877) 744-5900 or (303) 795-5900 and tell us what happened
- If you do call your insurance company before calling your lawyer, simply tell them you were involved in a truck accident. Keep in mind that you are not legally obligated to contact your insurance company.
- If the at-fault party’s insurance company contacts you, do not answer any questions about your accident. Anything you say could be used against you later to deny compensating you for your accident.
- If the at-fault party’s insurance adjuster continues to ask you questions, simply say you have hired a lawyer and direct all their questions to us.
- If the at-fault insurance company calls back, simply tell them the same thing: you have hired Bell & Pollock to represent you. We can answer all their questions.
What to do if involved in a Colorado bus accident?
At Bell & Pollock, our attorneys have worked with injury victims for decades throughout Colorado. If you are injured on a bus operated by a truck or private bus company in Colorado, we can help. Our experienced Colorado bus accident lawyers know how to investigate accidents and fight for compensation victims need.
Accidents can happen because of any number of reasons, including but not limited to:
- Distracted driving (texting or not paying attention)
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (sometimes to help stay awake)
- Failing to observe traffic signals
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Untrained drivers
Bus accidents often result in serious and sometimes fatal injuries. Bus drivers are agents of the companies they work for. This means you are not simply dealing with the at-fault driver. Instead, you’re faced with the daunting task of tracking down officials at a large government agency or corporation. Either way, dealing with such large bureaucratic companies and agencies can be time consuming and frustrating.
Fortunately, you don’t have to fight for your compensation on your own. We can help. We can fill out all the paperwork for your accident and deal directly with these corporations on your behalf. That way, you can focus on what really matters: your recovery.