Experienced Denver Car Accident Lawyers
Serving Denver & the Greater Colorado Area
One car crash can derail your health, your finances, your career and your future. In fact, while an auto accident can leave you with serious physical injuries and limitations, it can also cripple you financially and psychologically, leaving you with expensive medical bills, lost income, devastating emotional impacts, etc. In the worst cases, car accident victims can be left struggling with these impacts for years (or even forever).
The Denver attorneys at Bell & Pollock, P.C. want victims to know that they are NOT alone in the aftermath of car accidents. Our lawyers are here for them, ready to advocate and champion their rights at every point in the recovery process.
Experienced, skilled and tireless, our auto accident accidents can help you obtain the compensation and justice you deserve so you can focus on getting better, putting your life back together and moving on.
Whenever you’re ready to learn more about your rights and legal options following any type of car accident, just call (303) 795-5900 or use the contact form on this page to email our firm. Taking the simple step to contact us can get you on the road to recovery and justice as soon as possible.
How to Report an Auto Accident:
Reporting a car accident to law enforcement authorities is typically one of the most crucial things to do after a crash happens. This is generally because state troopers and/or police officers can provide indispensable help when it comes to:
- Helping victims get emergency or life-saving medical care
- Removing the debris from the wreck
- Redirecting traffic around the crash site (if or when needed)
- Collecting important evidence at the scene
- Investigating the cause(s) of the auto collision
- Writing up and issuing an official accident report.
The combination of these activities can be central to determining fault and helping victims pursue all available legal remedies.
You can report a car accident in Colorado in the following ways:
- Call 911 (for serious crashes, especially if someone is injured)
- Call a local, non-emergency police line (for less severe accidents)
- Report the accident online to the Colorado Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV), which can be done in the days after the crash if police are not called at all or if they are unable to respond to the scene for any reason – Please be aware that you can also use this online reporting tool to revise or change collision reports (before they are sent to the proper authority).
You can obtain a copy of a car accident report from the DMV by clicking here.
Colorado Auto Accident Statistics
Recent Colorado car accident statistics reveal just how often collisions happen in the state – and what the most common causes (and impacts) of these crashes are.
According to the latest data from authorities at the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT):
- More than 600 people were killed in deadly car crashes in 2016.
- Since 2014, deadly auto accidents in Colorado have surged more than 20 percent.
- About 33 percent of all fatal car crashes in Colorado involve at least one drunk driver.
- Drivers’ mistakes and/or reckless actions are the number one cause of car accidents (both in Colorado and across the nation).
- Distracted driving, speeding and impaired driving are the top three motorist errors that cause auto collisions in Colorado.
- Driver inexperience contributes to about 1 in every 5 car crashes in Colorado.
For more findings about the rates, causes and outcomes of auto accidents in Colorado, check out more statistics here.
These grim facts about the prevalence and impacts of Colorado car crashes are undoubtedly distressing (especially considering the fact that many motorist mistakes are completely preventable).
What can be even more difficult to face, however, are the real-life consequences of just one serious crash.
Focused on supporting victims and helping them restore their lives, the lawyers at Bell & Pollock know just how challenging the aftermath of an auto accident can be. That is why our attorney are committed to guiding victims (and their families) through the recovery process – and doing whatever it takes to maximize their compensation and resolve their cases as favorably as possible.
Our attorneys have more than three decades of experience successfully resolving cases that involve various types of auto collisions like (but not exclusive to):
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk driving crashes
- Rear-end and head-on collisions
- Accidents involving uninsured (or underinsured) drivers, driver fatigue and/or driver inexperience.
No-Fault Auto Collision Insurance
Colorado has been a “no-fault” auto insurance state since 2003 (when the Colorado Accident Reparations Act was rescinded). Consequently, car accident victims are legally required to establish that they did not cause a collision in order to be eligible for compensation (for their crash-related losses).
Just because victims (and/or other involved motorists or parties) have insurance coverage, however, does NOT mean that:
- The claims process will be smooth, easy or straightforward.
- Victims can count on getting the full amount of compensation they deserve.
- Insurance companies will honor policies, ethically handle claims or inform victims of their rights or options.
In other words, auto accident victims should not trust insurance companies to be looking out for them when it’s time to pursue a claim. Instead, it’s strongly recommended that victims take action to protect their rights and interests – as well as the value of their claim – by retaining an experienced lawyer at Bell & Pollock, P.C.
How We Build Victims the Strongest Cases:
Providing unparalleled representation and compassionate support, our lawyers always tailor their service to meet the unique needs and circumstances of car accident victims.
For any case we take on, however, our clients can count on us to what’s necessary to build them the strongest possible claim (and to set them up for the best possible outcome).
To this end, our lawyers will:
- Carefully investigate the cause(s) of a crash to determine every liable party (and all options for recovery)
- Gather all available evidence, including crash photos, surveillance footage, police reports, witness accounts, etc.
- Find and work with expert witnesses (like tire tread analysts, medical professionals and accident reconstructionists) to strengthen our clients’ claims
- Stand up to insurance companies to make sure they don’t try to compromise or undercut our clients’ rights
- Aggressively pursue all available legal remedies to help our clients maximize their recoveries.
Contact an Experienced Denver Car Accident Attorney at Bell & Pollock, P.C.
Call a trusted Denver car accident attorney at Bell & Pollock, P.C. at (303) 795-5900 to get on the road to recovery now. You can also email our firm via the contact firm on this page.
As proud champions of the people, our lawyers are ready to answer your questions, explain the law and your rights, and help you take whatever steps necessary to recover the compensation you’re entitled to. With us in your corner, you can be confident that you have the legal support and representation necessary to successfully resolve your claim.
Don’t delay your recovery for a second longer – and don’t be misguided into thinking that you have to go through the process alone. Our attorneys are here, ready to help – and you won’t have to pay us anything until (or unless) there is a recovery in your case.