Denver Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers
Each year, more than 1 million people in the U.S. seek emergency medical care for slip and fall injuries.1 In many of these cases, people end up with lasting pain and longer term injuries that can impact their ability to work, as well as their overall quality of life.
At Bell & Pollock, P.C., our Denver personal injury attorneys are aware of how harmful slip and fall accidents can be. As dedicated champions of the people, our lawyers are committed to helping slip and fall accident victims:
- Determine when negligence may have contributed to their accident and injuries
- Understand their rights and legal options
- Get on the path to justice and financial recovery.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and falls can result from a combination of different factors, and in many cases, some form of negligence is to blame. Common examples of the negligence that can lead to slip and falls include (but are not exclusive to):
- Failing to clean up spilled liquids on floors
- Failing to repair uneven or loose flooring
- Failing to properly maintain flooring, such as by waxing it so that it is overly slick
- Leaving cardboard or other slippery objects/materials on flooring
- Failing to block off slip and fall hazards
- Failing to post signs warning people of slip and fall hazards.
Issues like poor lighting or wet weather conditions can end up increasing the risk for – and intensifying the impacts of – slip and fall accidents.
Liability for Slip and Fall Accidents
When any form of negligence contributes to slip and fall accidents, where the accident occurred will be crucial to establishing who may be liable for it. In general, however, the party responsible for a slip and fall accident may include (but may not be limited to):
- A building owner
- A building manager
- A landlord
- A homeowner
- Another party, such as a cleaning company or a flooring manufacturer.
Slip and Fall Accidents: The Facts and Statistics1
- Although slip and fall accidents can result in any number of injuries, including strains and sprains, bone fractures are the most severe slip and fall injuries.
- About 5 percent of slip and fall victims sustain bone fractures.
- Each year, flooring and floor materials play a role in causing about 2 million slip and fall accidents in the U.S.
- Slip and falls are a leading cause of lost work days and workers’ compensation claims in the U.S.
- While about half of all accidental deaths that occur at home are the result of falls, many of these involve falls on the same level (as opposed to from an elevation).
Contact the Denver Personal Injury Attorneys at Bell & Pollock, P.C.
If you or someone you love has been hurt in a slip and fall accident, contact the Denver personal injury attorneys at Bell & Pollock, P.C. to learn more about your options for compensation. At Bell & Pollock, our lawyers are proud to be champions of the people, providing victims of negligence with superior legal representation to help them maximize their financial recovery.
To find out more about how we can help you, call us at (303) 795-5900 or email our firm using the contact form on this page. By contacting us and attending a free initial consultation, you can get clear, honest legal advice about your case and options from an experienced attorney.
From our offices conveniently located in Denver, Greenwood Village, and Steamboat Springs, our lawyers provide the highest quality legal services to injured people throughout the Denver metro area, Arapahoe County, Routt County and the state of Colorado.
1: According to the National Floor Safety Institute, a non-profit research organization