Truck Accident Attorney in Denver, CO
Truck accidents are some of the most devastating traffic collisions that can occur, as fully loaded commercial trucks can weigh as much as 20 times what passenger vehicles weigh. This means that the occupants of passenger vehicles are about three times more likely than truck occupants to be injured or killed when truck accidents occur.1
Truck Accidents & Negligence: The Causes
As with auto accidents, truck accidents are often caused by human errors, and these errors commonly arise from the negligent actions of drivers – either truck drivers or other motorists on the road.
When truck drivers are even partially responsible for causing traffic accidents, however, some of the specific forms of driver negligence that can be involved include:
- Trucker fatigue, which is a factor in about 13 percent of all truck accidents
- Trucker distraction, which can impair drivers’ abilities to perceive and properly respond to the driving conditions around them
- Trucker intoxication, which also prevents drivers’ from being able to safely maneuver trucks and appropriately respond to their changing driving environments
- Truckers’ failure to comply with any state or federal trucking regulations, which can result in truck equipment malfunctions (and other risks and problems).
At Bell & Pollock, P.C., our Denver truck accident lawyers are committed to seeking compensation and justice for the victims of truck accidents caused by any form of negligence. We will work relentlessly to hold negligent parties accountable, helping victims and their families pursue all available legal remedies so they can maximize their financial recoveries.
Trucking Accidents: Who’s Liable?
After a truck accident, the details of the collision will be pivotal to identifying the liable party or parties. Generally, however, those who are commonly liable for truck accidents include (but may not be exclusive to):
- Truckers when their negligence contributes to truck accidents
- Other motorists when their impairment, distraction or failure to comply with traffic laws leads to truck accidents
- Trucking companies when their failure to hire qualified drivers, maintain trucks and/or ensure compliance with trucking regulations plays a role in causing truck accidents
- Other parties, such as truck equipment manufacturers when defective equipment causes truck accidents or municipalities when poor roadway conditions contributes to collisions.
The Denver truck accident lawyers at Bell & Pollock are experienced at helping victims establish liability following these collisions. Some of the various ways we may do this include via:
- Data from electronic onboard records (EOBRs)
- Information from truckers’ duty logs
- Trucking company records
- Regulators’ compliance records for truckers and trucking companies
- Expert witnesses, such as accident reconstructionists, physicians, etc.
Our Truck Accident Practice: Cases We Handle
- Underride truck accidents
- Jackknife truck accidents
- Rollover truck accidents
- Overloaded truck accidents
- Fatal truck accidents.
Our lawyers proudly represent truck accident survivors, including families who have lost loved ones to fatal truck accidents. We understand that there is no amount of money that can ever compensate you for a permanent or catastrophic injury – let alone for the loss of a loved one. However, our lawyers also know that compensation from truck accident cases can be pivotal to helping people get through difficult times, recover from their injuries and/or deal with grief as they put their loved ones to rest.
Contact an Experienced Attorney at Bell & Pollock, P.C.
If you have been injured in a truck accident, you can count on the attorneys at Bell & Pollock, P.C. for experienced help advocating your rights and securing justice. Since 1984, our seasoned attorneys have been standing up to even the most formidable opponents, aggressively advocating our clients’ rights and helping them obtain the full amount of compensation they deserve.
Let our Denver attorneys put their skills, insight and resources to work helping you. To find out more about how we can help you, call us at (303) 795-5900 or email our firm using the contact form on this page to schedule a free initial consultation with one of our lawyers. During this meeting, you will receive clear, honest legal advice about your case, your rights and your best options for moving forward.
From our offices conveniently located in Denver, Greenwood Village, and Steamboat Springs, our lawyers provide the highest quality legal services to injured people throughout the Denver metro area, Arapahoe County, Routt County and the state of Colorado.
1: According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration