When you suspect a loved one has been victimized by nursing abuse or neglect, it is time to contact an experienced Denver personal injury lawyer at Bell & Pollock. Our attorneys can help you stand up to injustice and hold abusers accountable for harming your loved one.
People with mental and physical health problems are far more likely to be the targets of nursing home abuse and neglect.
This abuse or neglect can come at the hands of nursing home staff, other residents or even other family members.
The impacts of such abuse or neglect can be profound, affecting elderly loved ones on a physical and psychological level.
At Bell & Pollock, P.C., our Denver attorneys are proud to help people fight back after they have been victimized by nursing home abuse or neglect. Known for standing up to injustice and being effective champions for the people, our lawyers will work tenaciously to help the victims of nursing home abuse:
- Hold their abusers accountable
- Obtain the justice and compensation they deserve
- Reclaim their lives so they can move on to a brighter future.
Warning Signs of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
Nursing home residents may have been the targets of abuse or neglect when the following warning signs are present:
- Dehydration and/or malnutrition
- Unexplained injuries, such as bruising, lacerations and/or broken bones
- Unexplained emotional withdrawal
- Increased anxiety or nervousness around specific staff or residents
- Sudden, unexplained weight loss.
Examples of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
Some of the more common ways that nursing home abuse and neglect occur include (but are not limited to):
- A failure to properly look after residents, which can lead to elopement or residents abusing other residents
- Improperly restraining residents
- Overmedicating residents
- Verbally or emotionally abusing residents
- Physically or sexually abusing residents
- Stealing from residents.
These forms of nursing home abuse and neglect are far more likely to occur when:
- Homes are understaffed.
- Untrained or potentially dangerous people are hired on as staff for homes.
- Facilities lack the proper security and/or protocols.
If You Suspect Your Loved One Has Been Victimized by Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect…
Here is what you can do to start taking action and helping your loved one:
- Document the signs of abuse or neglect you have witnessed (in writing and/or pictures).
- Ask nursing home staff for explanations and document their responses.
- Get your elderly loved one medical attention if necessary.
- Contact Bell & Pollock.
Contact an Experienced Denver Personal Injury Lawyer at Bell & Pollock, P.C.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of nursing home neglect or abuse, you can turn to a Denver personal injury lawyer at Bell & Pollock, P.C. for experienced help advocating your rights and pursuing justice.
To find out more about how we can help you, call us at (303) 795-5900 or email our firm using the contact form on this page to schedule a free initial consultation with one of our lawyers. During this meeting, you will receive clear, honest legal advice about your case, your rights and your best options for moving forward.
From our offices conveniently located in Denver, Greenwood Village, and Steamboat Springs, our lawyers provide the highest quality legal services to injured people throughout the Denver metro area, Arapahoe County, Routt County and the state of Colorado.